Earn the MOST for your consignment, and FREE SHIPPING!
Selling your own equestrian gear can be a pain! Let Madison Eq do it for you, or we may be interested in buying your tack and apparel outright! Here’s how it works:
Your goods ship to us for free using one of our pre-paid shipping labels that we email over to you. Or if it is easier to give us a call and we can help direct you. Make sure and drop us a line and let us know if you are shipping anything extra large, like a saddle, so we can include a supersize label. You take your items to the post office and tape one of the labels on a priority flat rate shipping bag or box, seal up and there ya go!
When we receive your items we will be in touch within 48 hours to let you know if we will be purchasing your items or selling them. We list your items on our site and sell usually within a couple months! Read below about how commission works.
Need some help packing your items? Let us know and we can help!
Common items that are commonly accepted are bridles, hunt coats, shad bellies, show shirts, breeches, tall boots, saddles, horse boots, casual riding wear, and equestrian housewares.
We take pride in the care we take with customers items. From shipping onwards, we take excellent care to clean, take photos, and market the items. All Saddles will be shipped with $1,000 dollars of insurance, unless more is requested. This is to make sure your prized saddle is delivered to buyers safely.
Don’t forget all items ship to us and buyers for free!
Tack and Apparel and Items Under $100: Sellers earn 75% of item’s sale price.
Items Over $100: Sellers earn 30% of item’s sale price.
Tell Me More!
Example: You send some apparel that you have lying around the house, and we accept the items on January 1, 2019. We notify you and approve all of your sent items. Madison Eq buys two pairs of Tailored Sportsman breeches that you mailed right off the bat. We mail you a check for your items that we purchased, and we offered you $50 for both pair of TS breeches. We send you a $50 check that you receive within two weeks of you mailing us your items! Madison Eq sells your saddles, bridles, and other gear that you mailed within three months of you sending. We notify you on March 31, 2019 of the items selling. A check is mailed out to you within 2 weeks of the item’s sale. We sold your saddle for $1500, bridle for $500, and breeches for $100. You receive $1100 for your saddle, $350 for your bridle, and $75 for the breeches less the commission we charge for each item. Sent to you via mail as requested in a check.
More details can be found in our Consignment Terms & Conditions. We’re also more than happy to answer any questions related to our commission structure!
What We Accept!
Here is a list of what we accept and also possibly purchase. Please read our Consignment Terms & Conditions page.
- Item Quality: For the safety and protection of our customers, Madison Eq only accepts items that are in excellent, like-new condition. We also accept new items with tags. All items must be clean, and laundered. All apparel, boots, horse gear, and leather items must be free of mold, rips, tears, or visible signs of wear and tear. If you do have items like this, please contact us as we may still be able to purchase them and donate to a local handicapped riding program.
- Brands We Accept: We only accept close contact, dressage and eventing saddles that have been manufactured in the past ten years. We will not accept saddles with broken trees, rips, stains, tears, loose stitching or bent stirrup bars. Saddles that are in less than excellent condition will be returned at the sellers expense.
- Prohibited Items: We will not accept items that are altered, damaged or heavily worn. Further, we will not accept items with dirt, mud, tears, stains, rips, pilling, scratches, excessive horse hair or smells.
- Please note that unaccepted items will be returned AT THE SELLER’S EXPENSE. If you are unsure of whether your item meets our quality standards, please feel free to email us photos of your item on our contact us page.
- We do NOT accept used horse blankets, halters, brushes, gloves or spurs.
- Risk of Loss + Insurance: We carry full insurance and take responsibility for your items once they are in our possession. If your item is lost, damaged or stolen while in our possession, we will treat it as “sold” and pay you a commission rate based on the item’s estimated selling price.
- Consignment Period + Return of Property: The consignment period for an item starts on the date Madison Eq notifies you they have received an item for consignment and ends one year later. We WILL NOT send back items automatically and you must request your item to be returned to you. We will happily return your unsold items to you at any time, however please note that we will charge a $15 processing fee to return any item that has been in our possession for less than 120 days.
- Pricing: Madison Eq creates the initial selling price for each item and maintains the right to apply or offer additional discounts and promotions during the consignment period without providing you notice as a means to efficiently market and sell the items.